Sunday, March 04, 2007

Secret Pal 10 Questionaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love wool and cotton yarn. Dont like chunky, furry yarn. Not into synthetic yarn. I love to knit with yarn in DK weight.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a big pouch to keep most of the needles. But honestly, my circular needles are not well kept. I just put them all in a bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I started to learn knitting when I was 20 at a LYS. (6 yrs ago) I knitted a sweater. Then I knitted few scarves after then. I picked up knitting again seriously about 2 years ago. I self teach myself most of the time from books and internet. I would consider my skill level is at intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have Amazon but no wish list there yet! ha~
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love rose, honeydew melon, vanilla... I think I like quite alot of scent! More to citrus or flora
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I dont really have a sweet tooth. Among all the candies, I love MnM's with peanut the most.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I do some scrapbooking, crocheting. I don't spin at the moment. Would like to learn one day.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like pop music, hip-hop, classicals. Ya, my computer plays mp3.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite colors are... pink, purple, black, green, navy blue, white! I try to knit with all kind of colors but not real bright color like orange, yellow or blue at the moment.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married to a Texan and we have a cute dog.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I only wear scarf. Hmm.. sometimes hat.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love to knit short sleeves top, sweater, socks, shawl, bags. Those are what I always knit.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting a short sleeves top, a bag now.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Nope, thanks.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I knit with circular needles most of the time. I prefer aluminium better. Would like to try out some addi turbo in coming days.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Nope. Neither one.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 months.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
Chinese New Year and Christmas.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
I collect stickers, candles. Would like to start collecting some ribbon.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
There are no any particular books I want at the moment but I am dying to get more Jaeger Siena 4 ply cotton yarn. I am very in love with this yarn now. haha. And I would like to have some addi turbo circular needles. I subscripe Interweave Knit.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Want to learn fair isle kniting badly. I think I will be knitting one this year.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I am a sock knitter. My foot size is 8-8.5
23. When is your birthday?
3rd of Feb
ss_blog_claim=41127c93a276c93b2ec234e3485ea835