Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year 2009

26th January 2009 is the first day of Lunar Chinese New Year of 2009. It is the year of OX. * Mooo Moooo *. This is the second year that I do not get to celebrate CNY with my family at Malaysia and I really wish I could go home for CNY next year.

Anyway, I did have a great reunion dinner with my family here this year. We all gathered and enjoyed the feast that I cooked at my parents in law place last Saturday. It has been a while that I did not cook any chinese food for them and I love to cook for my family. I started preparing the food on Friday night and got up real early in the Saturday to cook. I cooked fried rice, fried dumpling, braised pork with eggs, ginger onion swai fish and sesame sweet chicken. John had been very helpful in the afternoon frying dumpling and chicken for me.

We started the feast by 5.30pm and before we ate, John and I gave away Ang Pow (red envelope) with 1 dollar in it to my every family members. We gave slightly BIGGER ang pow to the kiddos with 5 dollar though.

It was indeed a very touching CNY for me this year as Rosanne bought some CNY theme decoration thingys for the reunion dinner. Some golden and red lanterns, a gold prosperity tree, some nice serviettes and a table cloth. Well, there are nice greeting words printed on the serviettes and table cloth,
"万事如意" which means everything goes your way and as you wish!







I am really thankful for the efforts that my family members put in in this reunion dinner. I appreciate the presence of Mike on that day as he just had his eye lasered the day before.

That was a nice dinner. Great food, good wine and margaritas!!! New Year New Beginning and New Hope!!! I wish we all could survive well through this sucky economy crisis and I could accomplish something or MORE this year!!!



恭喜发财! 万事如意!
财源广进!

青春永驻! 笑口常开!




*牛年行大运*
ss_blog_claim=41127c93a276c93b2ec234e3485ea835