Monday, April 21, 2008

Lilac Hempathy
After 10 days of hardwork knitting, I have completed my Lilac Hempathy. A very nice project indeed. Lets talk about the yarn. Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy is a nice cotton blend yarn. Recommended needle is 3.5mm. I used 6 and half balls for this project. Three different size of needles were used 3.5, 3.25 and 3mm.
This blouse is knitted bottom up. Front and back piece knitted separately using invisible cast on. Same cast-on method used for the two sleeves. And then the lace pattern is knitted downward the cast on. This is a pattern from Let's Knit coulture 12. I have really spent some time to figure out the whole pattern especially at the armhole part which the grafting/kitchener stitch and invisible seaming are required. It is definitely a good challenge for me to test how neat my seaming skill is after these years of knitting.
Anyway, I think I did a good job at the armhole grafting and seaming. Love this blouse, especially the sleeves and the yoke! The layering lace pattern at the yoke is very unique and elegant! I think it will be nicer if I use red or black yarn but this yarn color is definitely a new try! I have to say I like this lilac color as well!

I will try to take more pictures of me wearing it outdoor when I got the chance! =)




The blouse color just amazingly match with my bathroom wallpaper and towel! ha~
ss_blog_claim=41127c93a276c93b2ec234e3485ea835